Friday, December 17, 2010

Meet The Little Red Umbrella

Sorry, things have been quiet around these parts for the last couple of weeks, but with good reason, I promise. I've been spending some of my time working on an especially epic and time-consuming post about the duel Samuel Jarvis fought at Yonge and College in 1817—and the rest of my waking hours on a brand new project I'm pretty excited about. Some friends and I have just launched a new online magazine, The Little Red Umbrella, which the curious among you can find here. I'm going to be posting highlights from The Toronto Dreams Project Historical Ephemera Blog there, along with posts about pretty much anything else I find interesting or cool. And that will include historical stories and ephemera from places other than Toronto. (Yesterday, for instance, I published a bunch of gorgeous, colour photos from the First World War. You can check 'em out here.) We'll also write about music, film, tv, lit, style, politics and everything else we think is neat. Things may be a little slow over the holidays; we'll really kick things into gear in the New Year.

Meanwhile, you can follow us on Twitter here. Or like us on Facebook here.

And I'll be back shortly with that Samuel Jarvis post. I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment